Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Two Biggest Problems In Texas Public Schools



What happens if a prostitute doesn't give her customers what they want ?



She goes out of business. -- Tim Lebsack


=========================================












=




==================================




"One evening, when I was yet in my nurse’s arms, I wanted to touch the tea urn, which was boiling merrily... My nurse would have taken me away from the urn, but my mother said 'Let him touch it.' So I touched it -- and that was my first lesson in the meaning of liberty." -- John Ruskin (1819-1900) British author, artist, social critic Source: The Story of Arachne, 1870 http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/John.Ruskin.Quote.5861


"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- Proverb
http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Proverb.Quote.4FB3


"A nation that forgets its past is doomed to repeat it." -- Sir Winston Churchill
(1874-1965) Prime Minister of the United Kingdom http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Winston.Churchill.Quote.FEAE


===============================

Starbucks Rules of Fashion
 

60% of males wear shirts shaped nothing like the human torso.


================================


I had entered my late 40's before I realized how lovely most women are and conversely how unattractive most men are. -- Tim Lebsack


===============================


Older Man: [softly]
Are you shy?


Younger Woman: [smiles shyly]                         
  Yes.

    Man: 
My wife isn't shy......Sometimes I fantasize that she is.

Woman: [smiles shyly, radiantly, doesn't speak]

================================

Teacher to Class:  I'm your co-worker.  We're in this together.  If the work doesn't get done you earn an F.  Failure ..... and I've failed also.

Student:  Co-workers ?  You fail ?  Right .... You're the boss.

Teacher:  Your parents are the boss.

=============================

The two biggest problems in Texas public schools are mandated curriculum and mandated attendance - Teachers do not have the power to remove a student from their course and students do not have the power to exit an instructor's course. -- Tim Lebsack

================================

No comments:

Post a Comment