Monday, March 8, 2010

I Sent This Note To Eddie Bernice Johnson

A few days ago I read a press release regarding Ron Paul's Office Budget.  

I got to thinking and telephoned Eddie Bernice Johnson at her Dallas Maple Avenue office.  
The person I spoke with said "I'll need to submit this request to the office manager."  That was last Friday 3-5-2010. 

Today Monday AM I sent the following note via email from EBJ's web site.  I'll keep you informed of her response.




Representative Johnson:
I recently learned that our fellow Texan Ron Paul returned tens of thousands of dollars to the taxpayer from his office expense account.  After speaking to your Dallas office by telephone I eagerly await the chance to review your office budget for such items as hired help, utilities, and ground rent. 

I hope this info will be posted publicly on your web pages. Please advise me regarding where this information can be found. 

Tim Lebsack
Dallas



Eddie Bernice Johnson
District Office

3102 Maple Avenue, Suite 600
Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: (214) 922-8885
Fax: (214) 922-7028

ima_tx30@mail.house.gov


===




UPDATE 3-8-10
I received this bot response to my email.

Notice of Receipt of E-Mail Message
...
Mon, March 8, 2010 10:10:49 AM
From:
Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson
...
Add to Contacts
To:tim_lebsack@yahoo.com

Thank you for contacting the Texas District 30 Congressional Office.  It is always a pleasure to hear from Americans about issues affecting our country today.  Your opinion is important to me, and I will make every effort to respond to messages from my constituents who provide their names and U.S. mail addresses.  Thank you again for contacting me.  Sincerely, Eddie Bernice Johnson, Member of Congress




==



UPDATE 3-15-10
Made another telephone call to the Maple Avenue office.  They took my name and phone number saying they would telephone back when they found the info.







==

UPDATE 3-25-10 
This email delivered.


Response from Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson
...
Thu, March 25, 2010 3:58:47 PM
From:
Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson
...
Add to Contacts
To:tim_lebsack@yahoo.com

 ?letterdate ?
  






Dear Mr. Lebsack:

Thank you for contacting me in regards to my Congressional office budget.  I value your input and opinions on important issues, and it is important to me to address your inquiries so that I may better represent you.

You will be pleased to know that you can view my office budget and the budget of every Congressional office at http://disbursements.house.gov.  This information is updated after the end of every quarter and reflects the expenses of every committee, leadership, member, and administrative office in the House of Representatives. 

Please be assured that I take every opportunity to limit wasteful spending and will continue to work to ensure that taxpayer dollars are spent in an open, efficient, and ethical manner.  You may also be interested to know that I have disclosed all earmark requests I have made, and you can view them at my website at www.house.gov/ebjohnson

Once again, thank you for contacting me in regards to my Congressional office budget.  Please know that I will continue to work to ensure that Americans have an ethical government of which they can be proud.  If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to let me know.


Sincerely,

Eddie Bernice Johnson
Member of Congress




==
My Response

thanks, I think.
I guess I was hoping not to have to wade through 9megs/3000+ pages to find your office budget info.

Tim Lebsack
Precinct 3211 Chair
LP Dallas County




No comments:

Post a Comment