Friday, June 11, 2010

Milton Friedman Explains - "USA Is Not A Democracy"




====================================

"By nature men are pretty much alike; it is learning and practice that set them apart." -- Confucius [Kung Fu-tse] (551-479 B.C.)




=========================================

"He was an old lion, prepared from birth to lose his life rather than to leave it."

 West With The Night

"You can live a lifetime and, at the end of it, know more about other people than you know about yourself."





Born in England in 1902, Markham grew up in East Africa. She worked as a trainer and breeder of racehorses and as a bush pilot. In 1936 she became the first person to fly solo across the Atlantic from east to west. Markham died in 1986.







===================================

Why the U.S. should be supporting a regime that so far this year has fired 370 lethal rockets into Israel, that still refuses to recognize Israel's right to exist and that has made a cottage industry of teaching children to hate is beyond us.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/537029/201006101900/Pork-For-Hamas.aspx

We should not be giving federal aid to Israel, Fatah, Hamas, PLO, or any country.


===============================




Our teacher asked us what our favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."

She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, everyone else in the class laughed.

My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am. Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef.

Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, just like she'd asked the other children. So I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office again. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.

I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am. Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.

I told her, "Colonel Sanders".  

Guess where I am now... 





==



Alton Brown talks Turkey here



================================

"The best that we can do is to be kindly and helpful toward our friends and fellow passengers who are clinging to the same speck of dirt while we are drifting side by side to our common doom." -- Clarence S. Darrow (1857-1938)



"We pass the word around; we ponder how the case is put by different people; we read the poetry; we meditate over the literature; we play the music; we change our minds; we reach an understanding. Society evolves this way, not by shouting each other down, but by the unique capacity of unique, individual human beings to comprehend each other." -- Lewis Thomas


"We are all full of weakness and errors, let us mutually pardon each other our follies. It is the first law of nature." -- Voltaire [François Marie Arouet] (1694-1778)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment