Friday, September 11, 2009

the Census

The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

enumerate


  • Main Entry: enu·mer·ate
  • Pronunciation: \i-ˈn(y)ü-mə-ˌrāt\
  • Function: transitive verb
  • Inflected Form(s): enu·mer·at·ed; enu·mer·at·ing
  • Etymology: Latin enumeratus, past participle of enumerare, from e- + numerare to count, from numerus number
  • Date: 1616
1 : to ascertain the number of : count


The Census Bureau severed its ties with ACORN

A few years ago I received the American Community Survey in my mail.  It was full of interesting questions, just the type of stuff I'd like to know about her.

I took a Sharpie from the desk drawer, wrote " Qty 1 " on the form, sealed it into the No Postage Necessary envelope and sent it away with the U.S. Delivery Service.

A week later I received the same package.  Same response.

A week later I received the package with an enclosure letter explaining the penalty(s) for failure to fully comply.  Response included the phrase "Was I not clear the first time?"

A week later I received the package plus the enclosure again.  Response was "There is ONE individual residing here.  STFU !"  I'm gonna have to buy another Sharpie.

A week later I recieved the package plus enclosure again.  Response was "When are you nosy SOB's gonna get it through your Effin' Skulls ?  One, Uno, Ein, Adeen, GFD'it !"

They stopped sending the survey.

This is what is known as "getting over the wall".

             thanks for listening

2 comments:

  1. http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig10/galvin2.1.1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gave me a boost for "getting over the wall."

    ReplyDelete