Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do Police Officers Possess A Greater Right To Lethal Force ?

I stopped reading this website a few months ago because I found myself increasingly channeling my anger into sadness. Lately I was returned to the website through this blog.


============


Today we ask questions regarding this video.




Imagine that the lady crossing the street towards the camera performs the same actions that the policeman did - that she approached John T. Williams, ordered Williams to drop the knife, then shot Williams dead.

Would the community and police responses to our imaginary scenario be different from the responses you saw in the video ?

Describe these differences and why they might happen ?

What are the implications of these differences ?





##################


Bottom Line - The police have no more right to shoot someone than you do. 
It could be argued that, due to training, a police officer should be less likely to shoot a suspect. 


=========================
=========================
==========================


Receptionist: How do you write women police so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment