Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dirty words

Reading this website this morning
http://obotheclown.blogspot.com/
gave me some great laughs.

I imagine these essays done by a stand-up comedian -  rants filled with brand new curse words.  I get such a kick out of way we create new words by slightly altering known words with new pronunciations, contractions, derivations, portmanteaus, nonces, adding -ing to make a verb of a noun.
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/thesaurus/british/function-word/function-word_4/Types-of-word

I'll tire of Obo and ignore his rants for a few months but it was worth it today. 'Scouser' http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=scousers&gwp=16 , brand new to me, seems to have evolved into a pejorative, at least when preceded by 'inbred'.


Much of it started with this guy.
“ Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits. Those are the heavy seven. Those are the ones that'll infect your soul, curve your spine and keep the country from winning the war. ”
—George Carlin, Class Clown, "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television"













http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin


Now, we are all dealing with this guy
                                   and the theme is not nicknames for body parts.
http://www.fcc.gov/ogc/lloyd.html

Let's go create some diversity.









No comments:

Post a Comment